significance Product Documentation
« Back to Products Documentation
$Id: significance.html 15596 2012-07-06 17:31:03Z tene $
$URL: https://ghttrac.cr.usgs.gov/websvn/ProductDistribution/trunk/etc/documentation/userguide/products/significance.html $
- Small product used to manually set the significance value of an event.
This can be used to promote or demote any event. The current threshold for
the web to consider an event “significant” is ≥600.
Significance is calculated from properties of the origin, losspager
and dyfi products. It is calculated from the following multi-step formula:
- = (100/6.5) * magnitude2
- = 2000 if red 1000 if orange 500 if yellow
- = MIN(num_Resp, 1000) * maxmmi * 0.10
- = MAX(magnitude_significance, pager_significance) + dyfi_significance
- Eric Martinez
- Used when adding or updating the significance product.
- Used when deleting an existing significance product.
- The event network the corresponding event is associated with.
- The event network code the corresponding event is associated with.
- The value to use for significance (integer)